Values and Ethos
Our School Values
At Southall, we also believe there are important values that all of our pupils will take with them when they move on to further education, work placements, the community and home. They are:
- Include everyone in learning and have fun together.
- Be kind to everyone and everything.
- Listen to each other.
- Work hard in every lesson and let everyone else work hard too.
- Help each other.
At Southall School our vision is to support our pupils, staff and wider community in ‘Branching Out to New Horizons.’ Pupils at Southall voted for this motto, one which demonstrates the holistic culture of the school.
Southall School will support pupils ‘branching out to new horizons’ by:
- Helping each student develop their academic, social and practical abilities
to their highest level.
- Helping each student achieve self-confidence, initiative and independence.
- Providing a caring, sharing and learning school community with relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
- Providing a stimulating and exciting curriculum, that enables pupils to experience different educational, work-related and real-world environments.
- Encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own learning and behaviour and to be a positive contributor to the school community.