Homework at Southall School
- Staff and pupils regard homework as an integral part of the curriculum – it is planned and prepared alongside all other programmes of learning.
- The foundations of effective homework practices are established early on and develop progressively across the key stages.
- Effective homework strategies support a range of settings in which pupils learn, for example: through parental support and guidance, joint family learning tasks and independent learning.
- Homework completed well is acknowledged and praised.
We have set up this section of our website to support you and your child with learning activities at home. You will see that there are pages for each Year Group.
In addition to homework there are also some general requirements of every child:
- Regular Reading and Spelling homework is set.
- Students should practise their times tables and perform simple numeracy tasks as they arise at home, for example adding coins or weighing ingredients.
The link below opens a leaflet on how to help support your child with numeracy at home:
As a school we subscribe to Espresso that can be used at home:
Username is: student26932
It has lots of games, activities and videos.
All of the homework content on the website is in .PDF or .Doc format.
If you don’t have Adobe Reader installed for reading PDF documents then please download free of charge from the link below:
If you do not have Microsoft Word installed and the homework is not displaying right in Wordpad , please download Openoffice free of charge from the link below: